It is no longer possible to join TMA, which is being closed. The TMA team is hoping to make a successful bid to run the galleries in future as an independent Community Interest Company (CIC).
If you have any questions, please contact the current Artistic Director, Philip Clayton, on email@example.com or call 07809 831760. If you want to keep in touch with our new organisation, please sign up to our new mailing list here.
History to 2018
Craftsmen and artists in any discipline are very welcome to join Town Mill Arts. Some of the benefits are listed here.
Existing members: unless your details have changed, you can just pay fees as listed below (bank transfer, cash or cheque).
New or lapsed members: Please contact Phil (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07809 831760) for details, or call on the 01297 444042 number and ask to speak to him.
- The annual subscription is £30 for 2018. If you are not willing or able to offer stewarding, an extra £30 fee is payable.
- Artists wishing to use the card racks in the galleries pay £15 p/a, and for the print browsers, £30 p/a. There are limited spaces for these, so please ask if you are interested.
Fees for 3D work and books by negotiation.
- Commission on sales is charged at just 25%.
- Gallery hire fees for group/solo/duo exhibitions are an average of £200/week, depending on the season (higher in the summer and lower in the winter).
- Participants in Open and members’ exhibitions pay a small fee to show a fixed number of works.
- You can also negotiate a different fee structure – for example, no commission but higher gallery fees.
Important note: regular communications with members will only be by email and the website. If you are accepted as a member and do not have an email address, please ask a friend who is willing to share his or her information with you.
Although this may seem unfair to those without computers, we cannot keep costs down if we have to spend time and money on managing individual paper mailings.