Working from her garden studio in East Devon Rosemary Jacks makes a wide range of functional slip decorated tableware.
Bold shapes are thrown on the wheel using red earthenware, the traditional clay of Devon pottery. After applying handles, knobs and sprigs the pots are then dipped in a slip of white ball clay and decorated using a variety of techniques.
Sgraffito is used for the bold illustrations of her harvest and nautical themed jugs inspired by the traditional wares of Bideford and Barnstaple in North Devon, while paper resist, slip trailing and brush work are used to create a variety of designs. These are mainly animal and plant motifs including fish, birds and hares. Coloured slips and oxides with the addition of under glaze colours give the pieces an earthy quality which would look good in any kitchen.
- Mulberry Tree Gallery, Swanage, Dorset.
- Market Place Gallery, Olney, Bucks
- Blue Lias, Lyme Regis, Dorset
- Land Edge Arts, Crediton, Devon
- Habour Gallery and Café, Porlock Weir, Somerset.
- Harlequin Gallery, Taunton, Somerset
- Ninety Three, Totnes, Devon
- Stein’s Gift Shop, Padstow, Cornwall
- Wendy’s Cookshop, Honiton, Devon
- Otterton Mill, Nr Budleigh Salterton, Devon
- Millers Farm Shop, Kilmington, Devon.
Rosemary attends local events including River Cottage Food Fair, Colyford Goose Fayre, Sidmouth Folk Week, the Sustainability Show Taunton. She also runs a stall at Bridport Market.
Online Shop: http://rosemaryjackspottery.bigcartel.com/
Facebook;Rosemary Jacks Pottery
Rosemary will be showcasing her work at Blue Lias Gallery www.bluelias.co.uk during Artsfest with a selection of new work and standard wares.
She will also have a stall at the Traditional Crafts Fair on Sat 19th and Sunday 20th September in the Jubilee Shelters on Lyme Regis seafront.